Pages

Nursery Progress

This month in between all the craziness we had time to at least clean out the room that will become the nursery.  This felt like HUGE progress after putting it off for months.  We were using this room as a guest/storage space - so finding room for all of these items was a challenge.  A lot is getting donated to Goodwill, but luckily we were able to clean it out and find space for the things we need to keep.

Once it was cleaned out, the demo could start.  Because the prior owners of our house were nuts...there were 3 different finishes on the 5 different surfaces.  We decided to just tear it all down and sheet rock it all to give it a clean slate.  This means all the walls + the ceiling - which is a perfect job for my sweet hubs! He did the demo while I was traveling for work - and texted me to say that the wood wall was going to be back in the game plan...this because behind the hideous wood paneling in the room there were actually wood walls!! This is the one we'll actually be keeping as the accent wall - it needs some clean up but the surface itself is perfect for what I wanted!


For the other walls, once the sheetrock and texture is done we'll paint them gray.  I put up the two samples we picked out a few weeks ago - I'm currently leaning towards the top one (the lighter gray) but I'm pretty indecisive during pregnancy...so it will be a game time decision heavily weighed in on by the Mr. 


Hopefully with January will come a complete nursery that I can post on! Fingers crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment