Pages

Adventures in Chalk Paint

This weekend was one of our first true nursery adventures! Due to our limited space in the nursery I had previously decided to utilize a dresser as the changing table as well. I did a lot of searching on Craigslist and found a great dresser on the cheap which we purchased a few weeks ago. I had always planned on painting the dresser - and had a stroke of brilliance that this could be my first foray into chalk paint! I haven’t used it yet - but it seriously sounds too good to be true. No prep, no primer, water based. The only downfall - it’s made in Europe (expensive) and only carried by a few “stockists” in each state. Lucky for us, I found a stockist in McKinney - just an hour away!

Andy was a great sport since I was finally feeling up to going somewhere outside of the house, and we spent Saturday morning going to Dallas for breakfast then up to McKinney for the paint. We had to make a pit stop at the new Cabela’s in Allen, of course - then finally made it up to the boutique with the paint. We lucked out as the stockist was actually doing a demo in the store that day - so i got to sell Andy on the beauty of this paint. We walked out 2 quarts of “old white” richer, along with their soft wax to finish the surface when done. It gives it a really nice sheen that looks very French, and makes it very low maintenance. I am really excited (for Andy) to try it! I’ll certainly post before and afters once we finish the dresser. Until then, I’m just basking in the excitement of one of our first nursery purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment