Pages

Pregnancy Moments

It took about 19 1/2 weeks for me to finally feel "normal" - but now that I do I am noticing a lot of little pregnancy moments due to my newfound energy.  The most obvious of these has been my adventure with our front door. As you know, we are currently doing a lot of work on the outside of our house. Andy has been having to do most of the work without my help as I couldn't be on a ladder or sniffing paint fumes all day.  However, in a burst of motivation one day I thought I could help by starting the process of stripping the front door. We had high hopes of getting it back to the wood to stain it, and armed with a natural stripper, gloves, etc - I went to task. I got about halfway up the door prior to being completely exhausted and simply, over it. At that point I threw in the towel...and our door remained partially scraped for about two weeks due to a weekend full of rain! You can see how beautiful this was on the front of our house - somehow even worse than before!

Last weekend Andy took the door off to properly strip it with the good strong stuff, and I set off to run errands.  I got a text from him about an hour later letting me know that we would be buying a new front door...he too was throwing in the towel. It took a week of (Andy) staining, sanding, and lacquering - but we now have a gorgeous new wood door on the front of our house! The trim around it still remains to be done, but you can tell from the preview below this is already a dramatic upgrade!

Lesson learned: even when I feel really motivated and full of energy - I only have about half as much steam (or less!) than I once did. I'm still adjusting to this - but enjoying the adventure as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment